Friday, December 01, 2006

Fiber

Weaving
I dyed the fibers myself and then hand-wove it on a floor loom. Considering it's only a few months old, this scarf is more well travelled than some people I know. It took a trip up to Northern California so my sister could wear it during her commencement ceremony at HSU. Then, it made it's way back down here, I over-dyed the whole thing in a fiery red, and wore it to my own graduation so that friends and family could spot me as I floated in the ocean of blah choir robes.

2 comments:

Dee said...

HEY KIM! Wow, that scarf is amazing! Congrats on your graduation, if Warren told you this before, then congrats twice. heheee...
Your stuff is lovely! Glad to connect with you via blog. Hopefully we can all hook up in person soon. ;)
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Warren Lee said...

What a suuuuuwheaaaaaaaat scarf! Down with choir robes!